The most crucial point of reducing building energy is application of high performance envelope. The amount of heat exchange through window is highest in comparison of other envelopes so that heat exchange through window influence directly with building energy consumption. The window energy performance can be define with thermal, leakage and optical performance. In previous study we can confirmed that not only thermal performance but also optical performance are considered, 11% to 15% of building energy consumption can be reduced. Smart window system has potential of energy saving so that many industry field use smart window system including architectural area and these aspect causes smart window market continuous growth year by year. In this study, building energy consumption has been analyzed which consist of smart window that dynamically control optical states. The consideration of standard commercial building model for research, the reference medium size commercial building model of DOE (Department Of Energy, USA) has been used. The building energy simulation result of 4 axis in 8 regions in Korea shows 8% to 22% reduction of building energy consumption by application of smart window system.
- Granqvist, C. G., Arvizu. M. A., Qu. H. Y., Wen. R. T., and Niklasson. G. A., Electrochromic Materials and Devices for Energy Efficiency and Human Comfort in Buildings:A Critical Review, Journal of International Society of Electrochemistry, Vol. 259, pp. 1170-1182, 2018.
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Smart Window, 2017.
- Tavares, P., Bernardo, H., Gaspa, A., and Martins, A., Control Criteria of Electrochromic Glasses for Energy Savings in Mediterranean Buildings Refurbishment, Solar Energy, Vol. 134, pp. 236-250, 2016.
- Sbar, N. L., Podbelski, L., Yang, H. M., and Pease, B., Electrochromic Dynamics Windows for Office Buildings, International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment, Vol. 1, pp. 125-139, 2012.
- Firlg, S., Yazdanian, M., Curcija, C., Kohler., Vidanovic, S., Hart, R., and Czarnecki, S., Control Algorithms for Dynamic Windows for Residential buildings, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 109, pp. 157-173, 2015.
- Shin, J. Y., Lee, M. H., Kim, Y. J., and Chae, Y. T., Estimation of Energy Saving in Residential Buildings by Applying Optimized Window Performance, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 173-180, 2017.
- Park, S. M., and Song, D. S., A Study on Generating Process of Regional Balance Point Temperature for Heating Degree-days in Korea, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 9, pp. 482-495, 2017.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport, Regulation of Building Energy Conservation, 2017.
- Yoon, S. D., Park, S. H., and Sohn, J. Y., Case Study of Energy Performance Evaluation in Office Building, Journal of The Society of Living Environment System, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 447-453, 2008.
- Lee, J. H. and Chae, Y. T., Performance Evaluation of Electrochromic Window System Orienting with Commercial Buildings in Different Climate Conditions, Korean Journal of Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Summer Conference, pp. 288-289, 2018.
- Marco, C., Active Dynamic Windows for Buildings:A Review, Renewable Energy, Vol. 119, pp. 923-934, 2018.
- Sbar, N. L., Podbelski, L., Yang, H. M., and Pease, B., Electrochromic Dynamics Windows for Office Buildings, International Journal od Sustainable Built Environment, Vol. 1, pp. 125-139, 2012.
- Picclo, A., Marino, C., Nucara, A., and Pietrafesa, M., Energy Performance of an Electrochromic Switchable Glazing:Experimental and Computational Assesments, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 165, pp. 390-398, 2018.
- Peterson, A., Jenkins, N., and Krebs, M., Advancement of Electrochromic Windows, PIER Final Project Report LBNL.
- Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, Trends and Market Outlook in Electrochromic Technology, Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, 2015.
- Park, Y., and Park, J. I., Analysis of Energy Performance by Window Directions in Apartment, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Summer Conference, pp. 1041-1044, 2012.
- DeForest, N., Shehabi, A., Donnell, J., Garcia, G., Greenblatt, J., Lee, E., Selkowitz, S., and Milliron, D., United States Energy and CO2 Savings Potential from Deployment of near-infrared Electrochromic Window Glazings, Building and Environment, Vol. 89, pp. 107-117, 2015.