The heating performance of a solar thermal seasonal storage system applied to a 1,320 m2 glass greenhouse was analyzed numerically, and the economic feasibility depending upon the number of boreholes was evaluated. For this study, the gardening 16th and 19th zucchini greenhouse of Jeollanam-do agricultural research & extension services was selected. And the heating load of the glass greenhouse selected was 1,147 GJ. BTES(Borehole Thermal Energy Storage) was considered as a seasonal storage, which is relatively economical. The number of boreholes was selected from 25 to 150. The TRNSYS was used to predict and analyze the dynamic performance of the solar thermal system. Numerical simulation was performed by modelling the solar thermal seasonal storage system consisting of flat plate solar collector, BTES system, short-term storage tank, boiler, heat exchanger, pump and controller. As a result of the analysis, when the number of boreholes was from 25 to 50, the thermal efficiency of BTES system and the solar fraction was the highest. When the number of boreholes was from 25 to 50, it was analyzed that the payback period was from 5.2 years to 6.2 years. Therefore it was judged to be the number of boreholes of the proposed system was from 25 to 50, which is the most efficient and economical.
- Kim, D. W., 대체에너지개발촉진법 제정 배경 및 추진방향, Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 122-126, 1988.
- Thirugnanasambandam, M., Iniyan, S., and Goic, R., A Review of Solar Thermal Technologies, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 312-322, 2010.
- Shukla, R., Sumathy, K., Erickson, P., and Gong, J., Recent Advances in the Solar Water Heating Systems: A Review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, Vol. 19, pp. 173-190, 2013.
- Gao, L., Zhao, J., and Tang, Z., A Review on Borehole Seasonal Solar Thermal Energy Storage, Energy Procedia, Vol. 70, pp. 209-218, 2015.
- Xu, J., Wang, R. Z., and Li, Y., A Review of Available Technologies for Seasonal Thermal Energy Storage, Solar Energy, Vol. 103, pp. 610-638, 2014.
- Lee, D. W., 계간 축열시스템, Magazine of the SAREK, Vol. 45, No. 9, pp. 14-21, 2016.
- Lee, K. S., Underground Thermal Energy Storage, 1st ed., Springer Science & Business Media, 2013.
- Schmidt, T., Mangold, D., and Müller-Steinhagen, H., Central Solar Heating Plants with Seasonal Storage in Germany, Solar Energy, Vol. 76, No. 1-3, pp. 165-174, 2004.
- Hsieh, S., Omu, A., and Orehounig, K., Comparison of Solar Thermal Systems with Storage: From Building to Neighbourhood Scale, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 152, pp. 359-372, 2017.
- Yoon, H. K., 계간(季間)축열 이용 태양열시스템 기술개발동향, The Magazine of Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 3-11, 2006.
- Shim, B. O., International Case Studies on the Eco-friendly Energy Towns with Hybrid Thermal Energy Supply System and Borehole Thermal Energy Storage(BTES), Economic and Environmental Geology, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 67-76, 2018.
- Heating Degree Day, 2017, https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=3405685&cid=40942&categoryId=32299
- Nordell, B. O. and Hellström, G., High Temperature Solar Heated Seasonal Storage System for Low Temperature Heating of Buildings, Solar Energy, Vol. 69, No. 6, pp. 511-523, 2000.
- Sibbitt, B., McClenahan, D., Djebbar, R., Thornton, J., Wong, B., Carriere, J., and Kokko, J., Measured and Simulated Performance of a High Solar Fraction District Heating System with Seasonal Storage, Proceedings of the ISES Solar World Congress, Kassel, 2011.
- TRNSYS, Volume 5 Mathematical Reference, 2007.
- Rad, F. M., Solar Community Energy and Storage System for Cold Climates, Doctor of Philosophy, Ryerson University, pp. 35-36, 52, 2009.
- TRNSYS TESS, TYPE557:VERTICAL GROUND HEAT EXCHANGER, 2004.
- Kim, M. S., Park, C. S., and Park, K. W., Performance Simulation of the Field Site Geothermal System Using TRNSYS, The Society Of Air-Conditioning And Refrigerating Enginners of Korea, pp. 859-862, 2012.