The purpose of this study is to analyze the urban heat island ultimately by analyzing long-wave radiation which is the dominant factor of night minimum temperature formation. We observed during two months with four elements which is long and short wave radiation, temperature, relative humidity. And we analyzed the correlation between the four factors of long-wave radiation, temperature, cloud form, and cloud amount during the summer two months on the night time. Observations were carried out at two sites in Daegu and nearby. The results are as follows. ① Long-wave radiation change per 1°C in summer was larger than winter. ② Long-wave radiation amount is affected by temperature change when the amount of cloud is small. ③ Low cloud was analyzed to have more influence on long-wave radiation than high cloud.
- OKE, Tim R. City Size and the Urban Heat Island. Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 7, No. 8, pp. 769-779, 1973.
- Kim, B,Y, Prediction and Field Measurement for a Thermal Environment of Medium-sized Town, Department of Architectural Engineering, The Graduate School Hoseo University, 2009.
- Jung, I. S., Choi, D. H., and Lee, B. Y., Study on Field Observations of the Thermal Environment in the Downtown Location and Outskirt side, Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, 2009, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 21-25, 2009.
- Oh, H. Y., Choi, D. H., and Lee, B. Y., Characteristics of Thermal Environment Through Seasonal Air Temperature Analysis in Daegu Area, Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 32, No. 2 , pp. 145-149, 2012.
- RAMACHANDRAN, S.; KEDIA, Sumita. Black Carbon Aerosols Over an Urban Region: Radiative Forcing and Climate Impact. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, Vol. 115, D10202, 2010.
- Panicker, A. S., Pandithurai, G., Safai, P. D., and Kewat, S., Observations of Enhanced Aerosol Longwave Radiative Forcing Over an Urban Environment. Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 35, L04817, 2008.
- AIDA, Masaru; YAJI, Masataka. Observations of Atmospheric Downward Radiation in the Tokyo Area. Boundary-Layer Meteorology, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 453-465, 1979.
- Baek, C. H., Choi, D. H., Lee, B. Y., and Lee, I. G., Characteristics of Meteorological Elements and Long-wave Radiation in the Greater Daegu Area During Winter, Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 93-102, 2017.