The heating performance of a solar thermal seasonal storage system applied to a glass greenhouse was analyzed numerically. For this study, the gardening 16th zucchini greenhouse of Jeollanam-do agricultural research & extension services was selected. And, the heating load of the glass greenhouse selected was 576 GJ. BTES (Borehole Thermal Energy Storage) was considered as a seasonal storage, which is relatively economical. The TRNSYS was used to predict and analyze the dynamic performance of the solar thermal system. Numerical simulation was performed by modeling the solar thermal seasonal storage system consisting of flat plate solar collector, BTES system, short-term storage tank, boiler, heat exchanger, pump, controller. As a result of the analysis, the energy of 928 GJ from the flat plate solar collector was stored into BTES system and 393 GJ of energy from BTES system was extracted during heating period, so that it was confirmed that the thermal efficiency of BTES system was 42% in 5th year. Also since the heat supplied from the auxiliary boiler was 87 GJ in 5th year, the total annual heating demand was confirmed to be mostly satisfied by the proposed system.
- IEA, World Energy Outlook 2017, Nov 14 2017.
- Devabhaktuni, V., Alam, M., Depuru, S. S. S. R., Green II, R. C., Nims, D., and Near, C., Solar Energy: Trends and Enabling Technologies, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, Vol. 19, pp. 555-564, 2013.
- Tian, Y. and Zhao, C. Y., A Review of Solar Collectors and Thermal Energy Storage in Solar Thermal Applications, Applied Energy, Vol. 104, pp. 538-553, 2013.
- Xu, J., Wang, R. Z., and Li, Y., A Review of Available Technologies for Seasonal Thermal Energy Storage, Solar Energy, Vol. 103, pp. 610-638, 2014.
- Reuss, M., The Use of Borehole Thermal Energy Storage (BTES) System, Advances in Thermal Energy Storage Systems, Vol. 6, pp. 117-147, 2015.
- Lee, K. S., Underground Thermal Energy Storage, 1st ed., Springer Science & Business Media, 2013.
- Yoon, H. K., 계간축열 시스템을 이용한 태양열 중앙난방, Academic Lecture and Journal of the SAREK, pp. 67-80, 1998.
- Shim, B. O., International Case Studies on the Eco-friendly Energy Towns with Hybrid Thermal Energy Supply System and Borehole Thermal Energy Storage (BTES), Economic and Environmental Geology, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 67-76, 2018.
- Heating Degree Day, 2017, https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=3405685&cid=40942&categoryId=32299
- TRNSYS, Volume 5 Mathematical Reference, 2007.
- Rad, F. M., Solar Community Energy and Storage System for Cold Climates, Doctor of Philosophy, Ryerson University, pp. 35-36, 2009.
- TRNSYS TESS, TYPE557:VERTICAL GROUND HEAT EXCHANGER, 2004.
- Hong, H. K., TRNSYS를 이용한 태양열 시스템 설계, Magazine of the SAREK, Vol. 43, No. 9, pp. 60-73, 2014.
- Lee, D., W., 계간 축열시스템, Magazine of the SAREK, Vol. 45, No. 9, pp. 14-21, 2016.
- Xu, L., Torrens, J. I., Guo, F., Yang, X., and Hensen, J. L., Application of Large Underground Seasonal Thermal Energy Storage in District Heating System: A Model-based Energy Performance Assessment of a Pilot System in Chifeng, China, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 137, pp. 319-328, 2018.
- Kim, M. S., Park, C. S., and Park, K. W., Performance Simulation of the Field Site Geothermal System using TRNSYS, The Society of Air-Conditioning And Refrigerating Engineers of Korea, pp. 859-862, 2012.